Charged with a DWI in Lancaster, CA? It is indeed a serious office, but it won’t help to panic. The first thing to do is find yourself a DWI lawyer. Your best choice would be one of Lancaster, CA DWI attorneys. With varying DWI laws from state to state, you will be better off with a local lawyer from the area you were charged.
Why would you need Lancaster, CA DWI attorneys?
- A DWI conviction will have very damaging consequences in your life. The first thing that is required from you will be paying a penalty. However, that will only be the beginning of your string of worries. You will have to surrender your driver’s license, do community service or get arrested.
- Getting arrested for DWI is humiliating. It is something that you wouldn’t want your friends and other people to know. While your name is in the DWI records, the conviction will follow you around like a nagging shadow.
- A DWI conviction will affect your chances of getting a job. The problem with a DWI conviction is that you will have to disclose it to prospective employers during interviews. This is not only embarrassing, but it can deny you the job opportunity.
- A DWI conviction can be a hindrance to higher education. Colleges that conduct fitness and character reviews before accepting candidates will give you a negative remark.
All of these facts will give you an idea how destructive a DUI conviction can be not only to your present life, but to your future as well. If you think that you would need to hire a DWI attorney, here are some steps to guide you.
- Look for a DWI attorney to represent you. The internet would be a good place to start. Most reputable lawyers or firms have websites, advertising their services. You can also conduct your search in local newspaper ads, phone directories and referrals.
- Have a short list of at least three DWI attorneys. This will give you a back-up in case your first choice doesn’t turn out well.
- Conduct a comprehensive research on your choices. Check how many cases they have taken and how many they have won. Check out the rates and review their client testimonials.
Once you’ve chosen the DWI attorney that best matches both your budget and your needs, you can move forward with confidence.
Driving while intoxicated is getting behind the wheels while under the influence of either alcohol or drugs. Some people exercise good judgment by taking a bus, taxi, or having somebody sober drive instead. However, others put themselves into serious trouble by driving while under the influence. Once caught for DUI, it would be wise to hire a good DWI lawyer to represent you.
Is It Hard To Look For A DWI Lawyer?
Looking for a DWI attorney is not complicated because they are scarce, but more on because there are quite a number of them, that it’s hard to choose the best. You can find numerous ads on DWI attorneys in directories, community papers and the internet, but it would be hard to tell which ones are efficient.
Which DWI Lawyer Will You Get?
Unlike wealthy people or famous celebrities who have a DWI running to their rescue with just one phone call, ordinary people would still have to search for an attorney to represent them. It is important that you choose a lawyer from the location where your DUI took place. If you were arrested in Lancaster, the best lawyers to search for are DWI attorneys in Lancaster, CA. Your choice will be based on the charge you got and on whether a death or injury is involved.
How Do You Look For A DWI Lawyer?
The first way to look for a good DWI lawyer is to ask for referrals from your friends who have tried hiring one. Another thing you can do is read articles from local newspapers regarding cases of DWI that published results. You can hire one of the attorneys who won the cases. When these methods don’t work, you can start looking at full page at your phone directory. Narrow down your choices and learn all you can about their background. Make sure that you have a list of their addresses and contact numbers. Call their offices and inquire about their professional fees. Some lawyers give free consultations, so inquire about that as well. Ask about the lawyer’s schedule and how soon you can meet.
If you have just been arrested for DUI in California, there are several important things that you should be aware of. First and foremost, Lancaster, CA DUI Penalties may differ from other states. Don’t hesistate in finding a reputable Lancaster DUI attorney who is knowledgeable with Lancaster, CA DUI penalties, and be properly represented. Below are some of the basic information you should know.
DUI Penalties in California
When arrested for DUI in California, try to learn everything you can about California’s laws on DUI, or get someone who is experienced with it. Some of California’s DUI penalties include probation, license suspension, fines, possible jail time, mandatory alcohol classes, use of ignition interlock device, vehicle impoundment and community service. A California DUI lawyer can educate you more about it
Severity of Penalties
The kind of charges you are facing will determine how severe you penalties will be. A person who is charged with felony DUI will receive harsher penalties than a person charged only with a misdemeanor. Penalties can also be aggravated by some factors, such as having a child below the age of 14 in the car with you, or a previous DUI conviction. Other factors that can increase your penalty are driving above the speed limit, a high BAC exceeding 0.20%, driving with a suspended or restricted license, and refusing chemical testing.
DUI arrests will lead to misdemeanor or felony charges. It will depend on your previous driving records and whether there is an incident of death or severe bodily injuries. The first, second and third arrests will get you a misdemeanor charge. A fourth DUI arrest within ten years, or an arrest that involves severe bodily injury or death will end up with a felony charge.
DUI Process Manual
This manual can be of great help to you when you have recently been pulled over for DUI. It is also a good reference material if you have a previous DUI record, and looking for a way to have it cleared. It gives you details on how to get your license back and expunging your DUI conviction record