Serving Lancaster, California and the surrounding counties

Doing some Estate Planning? Have you spoken with a California Trust Attorney?

There is no way you will ever allow your annoying aunt to have that beautiful painting that has been passed down in your family for generations, but how will you prevent her from getting it when you die? If you don’t hire a California trust attorney to handle your affairs now, she might just step in and claim it. You might not like it, but she could have a right to it unless you designate its destination in a last will and testament. Even then, she could contest it and present a case for ownership. What else can you do?

Set up a trust fund and have the painting donated to a museum if you can’t think of someone else in the family you’d like to leave it to. An irrevocable trust fund is unbreakable. Auntie can cry all she wants. There’s no way she’s getting the painting. She can come to the Museum of Art and check it out any time she cares to. Knowing its there for all to admire should bring her some joy. At the very least, it will make the other members of your family happy.

Does any of this sound familiar? Everyone has an annoying relative in the family that they don’t want to see any of their belongings end up with upon their death. Some proper estate planning from a trust attorney in California will not only prevent that from happening, it will also allow you to designate any of your assets to parties you want them to go to and ensure that your bills are taken care of and not left behind as a burden to your loved ones. You can actually rest in peace when you’re gone.

Trust funds are particularly important if you have younger children. Set one up early and feed a steady flow of income into it so that your kids will have a nest egg to start their lives out with. If anything happens to you, an executor or administrator can be selected to manage the trust fund and handle disbursements. You can also set a stipulation that no disbursements come out until the children reach a certain age. Ask us about these and other trust fund options when you call.