Strong DUI And Criminal Defense Representation
When you are charged with a criminal offense, it could significantly impact your future. Charges of this nature are very serious and should require the assistance of a criminal attorney. In the state of California, criminal convictions can affect you long after you have paid your penalties. Finding a way to remove or reduce those penalties can be helped by a criminal attorney at The Law Offices of Jesus Zuniga.
Offering Broad Criminal Law Defense Advocacy
Our attorneys have extensive experience representing clients who have faced all kinds of criminal charges. We continue to represent clients in the following areas of criminal practice:
- Theft – This kind of crime can be defined as theft by larceny, false pretense, embezzlement or trick. These classifications fall under either grand theft or petty theft, which usually determines the severity of a sentence.
- Burglary – California law defines burglary as entering some structure with the intention of stealing some property. However, a guilty verdict can only be rendered if it is proven that the defendant intended to commit a felony upon entering that structure.
- Robbery – This involves taking the personal property of someone else against their will. There are many defenses that can be used in burglary cases as the prosecution must prove a defendant used force and had no right to claim that property.
- Drug crimes – These crimes cover a wide span of charges ranging from misdemeanor possession to possession with the intent to distribute. More lenient penalties are usually offered to nonviolent offenders while the transportation for the sale of drugs carries stiffer sentences.
- Assault – There are different levels of assault ranging from simple assault to aggravated assault. A common defense in most assault cases is self-defense. When found guilty of assault charges, fines and jail time could be rather significant in the state of California.
- Domestic violence – This kind of charge is applied to any kind of violence against one’s spouse, family member, child or significant other. There does not have to be serious injury for this type of charge to be filed, and coming up with a strategic domestic violence defense is a priority for those accused of such a crime.
- Restraining orders – When someone’s safety is jeopardized, a restraining order will need to be filed and only a court can grant that order. Violations of that restraining will need to be proved by the prosecutor as there are quite a few finer points involved.
- Expungements – Having a previous charge hanging over you can affect your employment status and cause a number of other problems. Getting a past conviction expunged could do wonders for your future, although it will take a criminal attorney to lead you through that process.
Focusing On Your DUI Defense
DUI is a common offense in the state of California, but it is also a serious one. Those facing DUI charges could experience a loss of license, fines and potential jail time. Hiring the right DUI attorney could make all the difference when it comes to fighting the charges against you or receiving reduced penalties. The effects of a DUI conviction could also follow you around for quite a few years. That’s why it is critical to have a qualified DUI lawyer working to minimize your penalties.
The Law Offices of Jesus Zuniga is home to attorneys who are well-versed in all the details involved in DUI charges. Having accumulated a vast amount of experience in local courtrooms, one of our attorneys can recommend the best possible strategy for your case.
Being charged with a DUI does not automatically mean you are guilty. There are several steps involved in an arrest for driving under the influence. One mistake, miscalculation or oversight by law enforcement could lead to your charges being dropped altogether. A drunk driving attorney at The Law Offices of Jesus Zuniga will go over every last detail in your case, looking for all possible ways to have your charges dismissed. Some instances that could lead to a dismissal of your charges are as follows:
- Police officer’s failure to follow proper procedure
- Error or contamination in DUI blood testing
- False BAC reading due to equipment malfunction or medical condition
- Blood sample improperly stored
- Inaccurate field sobriety tests
- Radio frequency interference in breath tests
One of our attorneys will deconstruct every part of your arrest and look for any signs of improper procedure. You are entitled to a sound defense, and every client facing a DUI charge is innocent until proven guilty. It is our job to look for every way to prove your innocence.
We also handle DUI cases that involve drivers being under the influence of illegal drugs. If you have been arrested for driving under the influence of marijuana or another substance, we can work to reduce your penalties. Our attorneys can also attempt to negotiate getting you a restricted driver’s license, which would enable you to drive to and from work, even if you are found guilty of a DUI.
Those who undergo the traumatic experience of being arrested for driving under the influence is left with a lot of guesswork. Having an attorney by your side will make the process more endurable while all your questions and concerns will be handled with promptness and care. You don’t have to go through this process alone as help is only a phone call away.